FCS created a surfboard fin that sits smack bang in the middle of Felipe Toledo's previous two favourite fin templates. Filipe Toledo's Athlete Series Signature Fin delivers the maneuverability and quick response of the Performer, with the hold and drive of a more raked surfboard fin from the range like the MF and Carver. FCS and Felipe also added a few extra specifics like a subtle bevel on the leading, which improves turning at higher speeds.
After trying out the fin Filipe said, “I’ve been working a lot more on my carving turns, using more power and the rail of my board, and this fin is stiff enough to really let me push hard, but the shape doesn’t stop me from doing faster and tighter turns out of the lip either. For me it has just the right combination, and in terms of weight, it almost feels like my fins aren’t in the board, and that’s a real advantage for doing airs”.
- Constructed with ultra-light materials and combines the drawn out influences of a more raked fin with the all-round versatility of the Performer.
- Delivers exceptional drive and control off the bottom without hampering the speed off the top and release through the lip.
- Updated PC construction featuring ultralight AirCore.
- A wide range of conditions, particularly good in critical overhead waves.
- Designed to fit the FCS II Fin System.
- Recommended for performance shortboards with moderate-to-extreme rocker.
- Accelerator: Find Control. Speed, flow and response with added control.
Performance Core + AirCore
Fins with AirCore Technology feature a pressed polyurethane foam core that mimics the geometric foil of the fin.
AirCore technology reduces the amount of fiberglass required in the RTM moulding process making it much lighter while allowing total manipulation of the flex.
FCS Guideline Sizing
This guide while highly useful for reference is not set in stone, some people might like to surf larger or smaller fins out of choice. Smaller fins can bring more looseness to a surfboard while larger fins in general bring a little more drive and hold. Experiment with your fins to change how your board performs, or for different wave conditions.
X-SMALL (Under 55Kg / 120 Lbs)
SMALL (55Kg - 70Kg / 120 - 155 Lbs)
MEDIUM (65Kg - 80Kg / 145 - 175 Lbs)
LARGE (75Kg - 90Kg / 165 - 200 Lbs)
X-LARGE (Over 85Kg / 190 Lbs)