Founded by Dane Reynolds, Craig Anderson, Austyn Gillette, and Dylan Rieder, Former is an independently owned skate & surf apparel company operated with the sole intention of creating and producing things the founders like to wear and be a part of. No overly complex business plan or strategies. Just good, quality design.
Vans’ latest collaboration with Former continues to inspire creativity with a focus on details and materials. The perfect blend of function and fashion, the Vans x Former Mid Slip MTE-1 features rich leather and textile uppers with a black, green, and cream palette and Former-branded embossing that brings the shoe to life. Armed with Vans MTE-1 Primaloft® cold weather thermal package, HydroGuard™ wrap waterproofing on the lower half of the upper, a lightweight single-density UltraCush™ footbed, and Vans classic all-conditions MTE-1 outsole, the Mid Slip MTE-1 delivers a reinforced promise of all-weather protection and styling that is undeniably Former.
Vans MTE is the byproduct of a lifetime spent outdoors, because VANS know that the pursuit of your passions isn’t always accompanied by a fair-weather forecast. Rain, sleet, snow, mud, wind-nothing is going to stand between you and your next adventure. In fact, VANS like to think these all add a bit of flavour to the experience. It’s why VANS created MTE in the first place.
Delivering on a new promise of an all-weather shoe, the Mid Slip MTE-1 builds upon VANS' iconic slip-on with MTE-1 architecture so that you can stay protected from the elements with classic Vans styling. This heritage silhouette features enhanced thermoregulation properties, the new MTE-1 HydroGuard™ Wrap for moisture management, a lightweight single-density UltraCush™ footbed, and our classic all-conditions rubber in a reverse waffle pattern for traction that keeps you covered from the city streets to the uncharted outdoors. Finished with durable water repellent-treated leather and textile uppers, the Mid Slip MTE-1 brings an iconic Vans aesthetic to uncompromising cold weather comfort.
Whether you find yourself bagging snowcapped peaks or braving a rain-soaked commute, you can set off with confidence knowing that every stitch of your equipment is intentionally placed to provide ultimate versatility. After all, VANS know it was never about the destination. It’s about the stories you create along your journey.
• VANS X FORMER COLLECTION - Blending fashion and function, this Vans collection features rich leather and suedes with emboss and Former-branded patching, while a black, green, and cream palette runs throughout.
• TRACTION - The aggressive reverse waffle lug pattern on our MTE-1 outsole is ready for variable terrain and street performance. The lugged tread pattern features a siped tire-like design for increased traction.
• THERMOREGULATION - The zonal MTE-1 Primaloft® insulation package uses a high-quality microfiber thermal insulation system to mimic the warmth-providing properties of down, keeping you warm without retaining water.
• MOISTURE MANAGEMENT - The new MTE-1 HydroGuard™ Wrap provides a splash and puddle guard around the shoe and over the toe, resulting in a reliable, comfortable, breathable waterproofing system.
• COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE - Our MTE-1 comfort package uses a single-density UltraCush™ molded EVA footbed for enhanced comfort and reduced weight.
Composition: LEATHER, TEXTILE, RUBBER
Cosmo’s HydroGuard® waterproof system is a laminated, breathable polyurethane membrane that’s watertight, stretchable, and designed specifically for footwear. The result is reliable, comfortable, and breathable waterproof technology—no matter where your journey takes you.
UltraCush™ is a performance foam compound developed by Vans for enhanced comfort and reduced weight..
PrimaLoft® is ahigh-quality microfiber thermal insulation systems mimic the warmth-providing properties of down, and has become synonymous with cold weather comfort. PrimaLoft® insulation has millions of air pockets that trap and preserve body heat, and also contain treated fibers that won’t retain water.