Haydenshapes Holy Grail FutureFlex Surfboard FCS II - 5 Fin - 5'11"
Regular price €808,18
Unit price per
Haydenshapes Holy Grail Surfboard:
Dimensions:- 5'11" Length x 20 1/4" Width x 2 5/8" Thickness w/ Volume 32.2 Litres
Our imaginations were set on fire seeing this Hayden model beneath the feet of one of our favourite surfer creatives Dion Agius.
This five fin version of the acclaimed Haydenshapes Holy Grail gives you the option of setting it up as a quad or thruster. Giving maximum room for experimentation and customisation of fin set up. We have also found the Holy Grail and Hypto Krypto work great with up right twin fins plus smaller trailer fin, adding drive and looseness. Think the Futures Dave Rastovich 2 + 1 fin set, or the FCS MR 2 + 1 fin set.
The Holy Grail from Hayden is designed for a similar continuous flow and speed to the Hypto Krypto, but with added performance design features for tighter, more critical turns in the pocket. The Holy Grail features a slightly wider nose and tail than a standard performance board, giving greater paddle power, speed, flow and balance. The 'side cuts' to the rail line towards the tail act like the classic wing tail, narrowing the tail a little to give faster rail to rail changes of direction when surfing, also giving water flowing beneath the board a point of directional release for great speed.
The board's rocker is slightly mellower on the spectrum of performance surfboards, meaning a faster board with greater planing speed. This also helps paddling prowess and wave catch count. It features vee in the nose of the board, leading into single through the mid section, into a double concave through the tail and ending in slight vee at the very back of the tail. This subtle and sophisticated bottom shape helps rail to rail transition, while at the same time creating great speed and drive through channeling and controlling water flow and direction.
Designed and patented by Haydenshapes founder Hayden Cox, FutureFlex is an futuristic mix of modern custom designed materials and modern design innovation for high-performance surfing. The construction combines a stringer-less, high-density custom shaped EPS core laminated with biaxial fiberglass, epoxy resin and a parabolic carbon fiber frame. The carbon fiber frame within the laminate is the key to the performance vitality of the overall product. Designed to maximize speed and drive while minimizing twist, FutureFlex essentially stores and releases energy as the surfer transitions through a turn.
- Shaper: Hayden Cox of Haydenshapes
- Construction: Futureflex epoxy / carbon fibre parabolic rails and stringer
- Outline: Slightly fuller/fishier through the nose than a standard high-performance shortboard but less surface area than the Hypto, say. Then there's the "side cut" or slightly inverted rail line, which will heighten sensitivity and response
- Tail: Squash tail shape
- Rocker: On the flat side for a performance board, with low entry, flat mid-section but some added kick in the exit rocker to compensate for the wider tail block
- Concave: Rolled vee in the nose, single under the chest and all the way through the mid-section, into a deep double under the back foot with vee out the tail
- Materials: High-density stringerless EPS blank and parabolic carbon frame, glassed with biaxial fibreglass and epoxy resin – the result is lively fast-twitch response and excellent compression strength
- Fin Set-Up: 5 fin - can be ridden as a quad or a thruster
- Fin System: FCS II
- Suitable Conditions: 2–6ft. Strong all-rounder credentials, with an extra push in small waves, thanks to the wider tail block
- Rider Ability: Intermediate and up
|5'8"||19 7/8"||2 7/16"||28.49|
|5'10"||20 1/8"||2 9/16"||31.22|
|5'11"||20 1/4"||2 5/8"||32.2|
|6'0"||20 3/8"||2 11/16"||33.8|